Sunday, February 12, 2023

Vespertine - 2019 California Zinfandel (Wine Tasting Blog Report)

1



2


3. The name of the wine is Vespertine and it is a 2019 Zinfandel from California. It cost us around $3.50. My friend and I got a deal from an online wine shop that was running a sale. We then split the cost of the case in two, which is how we arrived to the price above. 

4.  "Opaque aged purple/red in color. Super yummy. Black currant, black cherry, allspice and maybe a little tobacco. Great with chili and would be a hit at a dinner party! Loving this wine." - Alex Setmajer on Vivino

5. I enjoyed this wine, quite possibly the best one I have had yet. The wine was very sweet and thus had a fuller body than I was expecting (pg 18 wine folly). I got hints of oak barrel in the wine, which could have been used as an aging process to increase the body of the wine (pg 19). The main hint that I got from the wine was chocolate (pg 14). This could have been because we were eating brownies around the same time; however, the wine paired well with them. 

6. We had brownies with this wine and served it room temperature. I really enjoyed this wine and quite frankly think its the best i've had yet. It was much sweeter than I expected, and paired very well with our dessert. I would certainly recommend this wine over all the others I have had thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DTN Lesson #1

 1. The Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo 2020 was the wine I selected to complete the DTN lesson #1. Immediately after opening I smelled vanill...