Sunday, February 12, 2023

Maule Valley Tripantu 2020 Chardonnay from Chile (Wine Tasting Blog Report)

1



2


3. The name of the wine is a Maule Valley Tripantu 2020 Chardonnay from Chile. It cost us around $3.50 due to a deal my friends and I got on a case of wine from an online distributor. 

4. "I received this as part is a mail wine collection. I usually like California Chardonnay and this reminds me a lot of that. The color is a little lighter than I would expect for a reserve but all the flavor notes are there. There are caramel, apple, leather, tropical fruit and citrus. It works well with some spicy food but also tasty on its own." - Ryan Lisee on Vivino

5. This wine was very acidic and had little tannins, making it very light bodied (pg 18). The wine had lots of fruit notes such as pear, apple, and some hints of buttery/oak (pg 14). This was my first time having a Chardonnay and I was shocked by the acidity of it.  

6. Overall, I did not like this wine at all. It tasted like hay and had a horrible after taste. We did not have this wine with a meal. I would not recommend this wine to anyone. I want to try a California Chardonnay, or some place that is known for their Chardonnays. Most likely got a bottle that didn't match my palate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DTN Lesson #1

 1. The Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo 2020 was the wine I selected to complete the DTN lesson #1. Immediately after opening I smelled vanill...